Monday 29 November 2010

Front Page Final (And Focus Group)


The image on the left is my very first draft. It is visible that it lacks detail and content as it was just a layout to work on during construction.

I have used lifted images in this draft such as the Christmas advert and the River Island advert, however, these are simply decoys to help me determine what will go where.

My headline displays 'Local TV Star Story.
This was just another decoy headline as I knew what my main story would be about.

The Facebook blurb displays a very blank look, however during my construction I will be making it look more interesting.



This is my second draft, which is almost complete.
It includes all my finished articles and images.
There are a few changes that have been made from my first draft, such as the swap of the 2nd and 3rd articles. As I was using the Facebook story on my second page, I thought it would be more interesting to have it as a secondary story blurb for more emphasis rather than the third story.

FOCUS GROUP

I held another focus group to help decide what was liked and disliked about my product. Here is what their views were;
-The date is wrong compared to the top advert.
-The ONE sport blurb and the River Island advert get cut off a little.
-River Island is a brand and I should create my own shop.



This is my final draft.

I have changed the Christmas countdown so it stands out more using the colour green.

I have changed the Sport blurb and Bottom advert so they look even and nothing is cut off.

I have also invented my own shop; 'World of Trend' so that no real brands have been used on my paper.
I corrected the date on my paper and also added 'to go' onto my Christmas countdown, so that it was clear what the it was counting down to. I have now completed both my front page and second page and can use my designs to help create my poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment